Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Original Idea for Lifestyle.Check

Originally, the idea was to be able to enter your new purchase as an item in your database remotely from your iPhone at the point of sale. Then utilize the iPhone's advanced touch screen technology to interact with your purchase with in a remarkable user interface. If the application was also web-based, then the user could access it from anywhere with an internet connection and capatable browser.

I imagine waking up in the morning to my iPhone alarm playing my favorite song that I just downloaded as ring tone status from iTunes. I tap snooze, stand up, and click on Lifestyle.Check. It opens displaying todays Lifestyle Report. It's amazing, everything I need to know is there for me on one page on my little iPhone screen. My days itinerary, the weather, 3 options of the perfect outfits for my day, and the 3 news headlines that are most relevant to me.
Eventually an application like this could be integrated with all of your consumer products.
So another possible next step out be to regulate cosmetic cycles for women. Match makeups, rotate cleanser and shampoo cycles, and schedule uses of personal products.

The application could be integrated with online grocery ordering systems. Some people who live in cities order their groceries online to be delivered. What if there was an application that kept track of the groceries that you ordered, and generated possible dishes that could be prepared with the ingredients that you have? So for breakfast, and lists all of the possible breakfast foods you could make, like a restaurants menu, based on your preferences, then when you click the item, it shows you the recipe. If you are in a rush you can sort your choices by estimated time required to prepare the food.

Now, how should you get to work today? If you live in the suburbs and drive a car there is probably only one option, but if you live in the city, have a zip car account, a subway pass, and are a valued customer of the local taxi service, you have many option. What if there was an application that could calculate all of the estimated times it would take to get some where. So for my case, the report would show the possible T routes, with the estimated time to walk to the T, time to wait for the T, time to ride the T, and total travel time, for each the Orange line and the Green line. Next, it would calculate local traffic and estimate how long and how much it would cost to take a cab, and do the same for renting a Zip car. Then, it could be taken a step further by calculating interstate travel. For example, it could check the best possible way for me to get to NYC from my apartment in Boston. Should I walk to the Silver line, ride to Logan and fly Jet Blue? Should I take the Green Line to the Red Line to South Station to Amtrack... or should I take the Chinatown bus? Or should I just take a taxi to the Hilton and catch the Limo Liner? Next ad all of the internet travel sites/search engines and you could even do international travel complete with hotels and rental cars. There are many possibilities, and many variables to consider, but with the right information, there is a best possible decision that can be made.

No comments: